“A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Meymillod
Mother’s Day gives us an opportunity to celebrate and salute the strong women that raise us and make us who we are. Regardless of our unique backgrounds, Mother’s Day is the one holiday where all of us can come together and express our love and gratitude for the various hats that mothers’ wear.
Reverse Mortgage Answers wants to be a part of that celebration! Because our clients are seniors, we treasure the opportunity to suggest activities you can do with your mom or those older ladies who are mom-like in your lives. Here are some fun ideas:
Moms’ Who Like Outdoors Activities:
- Share a relaxed meal at her favorite restaurant. It does not have to be a fancy place, just somewhere she enjoys.
- Visit a botanical garden to see some beautiful flowers. You could also bring a picnic lunch!
- If your mother is excited about a hobby (like art, gardening, music), enjoy that activity with her or join in a class she takes. Alternatively, you can buy her music tickets or gardening tools (based on her hobbies/preferences).
- Art lovers may enjoy visiting a nearby museum. A good conversation starter is to ask her open-ended questions about the pieces she likes best.
Moms’ Who Like Indoors Activities:
- Cook her favorite meal or get takeout from her favorite restaurant. Arrange the food on beautiful plates and decorate the table a bit. You could even go all out with candles, flowers, and fancy china!
- Throw a casual potluck party where everyone brings a dish and spends the afternoon relaxing, chatting, and eating together.
- Bake cookies or cook a favorite dish together. Depending on your mom’s abilities and interests, she could work side-by-side with you, prep a few simple ingredients, or keep you company and be your taste-tester.
- Enjoy a sparkling non-alcoholic “cocktail” as a way to fancy-up afternoon snack time. Just add sparkling juice or bubbly water to lemonade, juice, or iced tea and put it in a pretty cup!
Gift Ideas for Mom:
- Customized gift baskets (Sweet Idea: Her favorite cheese, fruit, crackers, and cider/or wine)
- Gifts that promote relaxation (Like this one!)
- Artistic coloring books – If your mom has a creative flair, she will like the thought of a non-childish but fun way to pass the time when she is
Happy Mother’s Day, and thanks for taking the time to visit our website. If you are curious about the Reverse Mortgage and would like to know how this may be able to help your mom as a senior homeowner, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-420-5515, and we will be happy to answer any questions you have about the program.